Nov 20, 2011

I will follow you

This has been another week of very interesting and life improving events. I have had my share of people that really need help and many that won't look for it. I know that there are still things to improve on and many of them must start with me. We taught a man who because of a sickness wanted his way out of life. We ended up doing all we could, but it took a member who has a friend that is a doctor and constant disucssion to dissuade him. We taught some very good investigators who are willing to listen and will be baptized. Teaching of the commandments and of the end in mind is really valuable to me.

I have seen miracles this week as we contacted at a local park. I met a man that I had barely contacted on a scooter on the way home. He remembered me and had actually prayed. I hope that he will once again find this time and pray with the intent to find the answers to life that he is looking for.

I've noticed many times that the simplicity of the gospel is overlooked because it is so easy to find. The Lord asked for a willing heart, willing to repent, willing to improve, and willing to learn. Each of this is developed through faith and repentance. The Lord has prepared scriptures to be a constant guide to break down the barriers in my life to help me find the true 'sunlight uplands of a better life'. I have come to appreciate more and more my relationship with my Heavenly Father through prayer as this has been a big source of answers and solace. Each day contributes to an ever increasing amount of knowledge and growth. I hope to be able to use all that has been given to me in even better ways.

I learned the absolute need for charity, something that I still lack, luckily as I strive for it the Lord has promised that I will become like him (Moroni 7:45-48). Each day is an improvement on the last, and that is the best I can ask for. Luckily being perfect is a lifetime pursuit, but now is the time to start.

I know that this work is true, that I am a servant of the One true God. I know that despite my weaknesses and imperfections I can once again live with Him in eternal glory. I know that the path that has been marked is true, that there are living prophets on the earth guiding me through. I know that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God. I know that many of my greatest trials are opportunities for the Lord to build me stronger so that I can be his tool.

Love,
Elder Andersen

No comments: